Materials and Jewelry Care
Gold plating is a process where a thin layer of gold is bonded onto a base metal. The chains used are made from solid, naturally hypo-allergenic brass which is electro-plated in Nickel Free Gold. The findings used are brass plated in a nickel free gold.
Silver plated items are made from a thin coating of pure silver over other metals. The chains used are made from solid, naturally hypo-allergenic brass which is electro-plated in Nickel Free Silver. The findings used are brass plated in a Nickel Free Silver
Nickel-free jewelry is jewelry that is made without any nickel or trace amounts of nickel.
Hypoallergenic jewelry means that there is minimal risk of causing an allergic reaction.
Any gemstones that is not a diamond, ruby, emerald or sapphire is a semi-precious gemstone. Calling a gem semi-precious does not mean it is less valuable than precious gemstones.
- Remove jewelry when showering or bathing. This is particularly important when on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water.
- To prevent breakage avoid wearing jewelry when doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening or exercise. Also remove while you sleep.
- Never expose jewelry to household cleaning products, especially bleach and highly reactive solutions.
- Avoid spraying perfume, hairspray on the gemstones or pearls as it jeopardizes the integrity of the material.
- Remove jewelry when applying make-up, creams to avoid the residue getting into the texture or gemstone setting.